As leaders in the effort to improve the welfare of all school retirees, we are an association commited to obtaining, protecting, and improving benefits for retired school personnel. AASRA monitors legislation that affects school retirees as well as works with the Arizona State Retirement Board to protect and strengthen retirement funds for the benefit of both PRESENT and FUTURE retirees. Additionally, AASRA has a memeber volunteer group knowledgeable in insurance matters monitoring state health insurance meetings. With an inclusive array of member benefits, 16 units across Arizona, and a membership of over 1,200 and growing, we are capable of providing wide-reaching information and knowledge; serving as a voice for all Arizona retired school personnel.
- Retired or within 3 years of retirement
- Former school employees, teachers, administrators or
- Retirees from states other than Arizona are welcome
Automatic dues deduction (ADD) automatically deducts your dues, $2.50 ($3.00 in Pima County) from your pension check monthly. Dues include state (AASRA) and your local unit dues.
Membership benefits include:
- Pension and health benefits
- Providing information of interest to retirees
- Strengthening our organization
The Importance of ADD:
- By enrolling in ADD today you empower AASRA on your behalf
- Membership totals (ADD) = voting strength.